We promote student-centered learning, rigorous instruction, and the cultivation of strong, trusting relationships with all members of our learning community. Our robust and relevant curricula align to Common Core Learning Standards and are designed to be relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that students need for success in high school. Key features of our curricula include the following:
- Alignment with college and work expectations
- Clear, understandable and consistent content
- Reading aligned to the Lexile framework
- Rigor in content and application of knowledge through higher order skills
- Built upon strength and lessons of current, best practices informed by authentic research, so that all students are prepared to succeed in the global economy and society
Our population includes students from across the city with diverse learning needs, including English Language Learners and children who have been identified as in need of Special Education services. Our teachers and staff are selected for their dedication to education and commitment to character development, both of our students and themselves. Our heterogeneously grouped classes have an average class size of 25 students.